Your Privacy Protections
We take several steps to protect your Personal Information. Among other things:
- We will not disclose your Personal Information to any nonaffiliated third party for use in marketing that party's goods or services without your consent;
- We will give you access to information we maintain on your name, how to contact you, credit cards you have registered with the Rewards Network, and certain other preferences you have registered with us ("Registration Information"), and we will allow you to correct any inaccuracies; and
- We will take reasonable steps to protect the security of the Personal Information we collect about you.
What Personal Information We Collect
We gather the following types of Personal Information in connection with the provision of our services to you.
- Information you voluntarily provide to us. For example, when you register to participate in the Rewards Network, you may provide us with Personal Information.
- Information about your transactions with us or with others. For example, we collect Personal Information from merchants that accept your credit card as payment for goods or services, including merchants that are participating in the Rewards Network or that have agreed to help us evaluate our program. We may also collect Personal Information from merchants or other parties who do not participate in the Rewards Network.
- Information obtained about you from others. For example, we work with firms that provide us demographic information or that enroll you in the Rewards Network (like a credit card company or airline).
What Personal Information We Disclose
We do not disclose any Personal Information to nonaffiliated third parties, except as necessary for the nonaffiliated third party to provide services to us (such as printing or mailing services) or as permitted by law. This means that we will not disclose your Personal Information (such as your telephone number) to nonaffiliated third parties for such parties' use in marketing its goods or services without your consent.
However, since we may disclose information as permitted by law, we may, for example, disclose Personal Information in connection with giving you credit for rewards, carrying out a transaction you have requested, operating or managing our business, or responding to legal process.
We may obtain your consent to share information with third parties in various ways. For example, we may invite you to participate in a survey or special promotional program offered by a third party and your choice to participate in such a survey or promotional program will indicate your consent for us to share information with third parties in connection with the survey or promotional program.
We also may disclose any Personal Information we collect with our affiliates. However, we will not disclose with our affiliates any Personal Information that is collected or used to determine eligibility for credit, insurance, or employment (such as a consumer report from a consumer reporting agency), except as permitted by law or to affiliates that provide services for us, unless we give you the right to ask us not to do so.
We may share information that is not personally identifiable to you ("Anonymous Information"), including aggregated demographic and statistical information, with our affiliates, partners, merchants, and others. Such information could be used, for example, to provide us with statistical or other analysis. None of this Anonymous Information can be linked by the recipient to any Personal Information that can identify you.
Communicating With You
We may from time to time send special offers to you on behalf of selected companies that we think may be of interest to you. However, because we or our third party vendors (and not the selected company) would send such offers to you, it is not necessary to disclose Personal Information to the company in order to send these offers to you. We also may send you offers for goods or services sold by us or our affiliates, including in our email newsletters, by email or ordinary mail, or by telephone.
We will allow you to choose not to receive these marketing communications from us. For example, if you do not want to receive our dining email newsletters, or other dining email marketing communications from us, you may unsubscribe or opt out from such dining marketing communications by clicking the link included at the bottom of each email message we send to you. You also can choose to not receive special offers we send on behalf of other companies. Please read the section entitled "Reviewing, Changing Your Registration Information or Unsubscribing" for details on how to request not to receive these marketing communications.
"Email a Friend" Information
You may use our Email a Friend service to send restaurant links to family and friends via email. Rewards Network will automatically send a one-time email inviting your family and friends to visit the specific restaurant page on corp.rewardsnetwork.com
. Your family and friends may contact us
to request that their information be removed.
When you visit our site without logging in, we may collect usage information ("session data"), but it is anonymous and is not linked to you as an individual. We may use session data for a variety of reasons, including to better understand things like how our site is navigated, how many visitors arrive at specific pages, the length and frequency of stays at our site, the types of browsers and computer operating systems used by our visitors, and the Internet Protocol addresses from which our visitors connect to our site.
When you visit our site and login, we may collect usage information ("persistent data"), that will be linked to your User Name and password. We may use the persistent data for a variety of reasons, including to monitor your use of our site in conjunction with your participation in one of our programs.
can only be read by the corp.rewardsnetwork.com
web server. The type of cookie we use in our Web site is below:
- "Session cookies" track the user's progression through our sites and session data in a single visit. These cookies enable us to remember things as the user progresses from one page to another. Your session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your browser. In addition, if you leave your browser open for a prolonged period, they are set to automatically erase themselves after a short period.
Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can instruct your browser to stop accepting cookies or prompt you before accepting a cookie from the sites you visit.
Rewards Network may also use a third party to place cookies on your computer to track and analyze non-personally identifiable usage and volume statistical information from our visitors and customers to administer our Web site in order to constantly improve the Web site quality.
Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. The main difference between the two is that clear GIFs are invisible on the page and are much smaller, about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Clear GIFs are not tied to users' personally identifiable information.
To help us improve visitor experience and manage site content, third party vendors and our site may utilize clear GIFs to track and analyze non-personally identifiable usage and volume information from our visitors and customers to administer our Web site or improve its quality.
Our Web site may have links to other sites on the Internet that are owned by third parties ("External Sites"), or you may come to our Web site from a link on an External Site. These other Web sites will have their own rules on privacy that you should review. Rewards Network is not responsible for the privacy policies of External Sites.
We restrict access to Personal Information to those individuals or entities that need to know that information to operate, manage, and expand the Rewards Network, including to provide products and services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your Personal Information.
Reviewing, Changing Your Registration Information or Unsubscribing
At any time, you can correct or update your Registration Information or modify your preferences pertaining to our newsletter and other marketing communications (whether made by email, telephone, or ordinary mail). To review, change, or update your Registration Information, or unsubscribe or opt out from our monthly newsletters or other marketing communications, you have several options:
- By email: Unsubscribe or opt out of our email newsletter or other marketing communications by sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. For your security, please do not email credit card changes.
- By postal mail: Please include your email address and mail your request to us at Rewards Network Inc., 300 South Park Road, Suite 300, Hollywood, FL 33021, Attention: Member Services.
- By phone: Call toll-free at (800) 285-2439.
- Link to unsubscribe: Links to unsubscribe or opt out from future newsletters and other marketing communications are included at the bottom of each email.
To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to your Personal Information or making corrections.
Requests to be unsubscribed or to opt out of marketing communications will be processed promptly, however you may be included in the selection for additional newsletters and communications for a short period of time after you make your request. If the information you provide us does not match the information in our database, we may not be able to process your election (or the processing may be delayed).
No Use by Children
The Rewards Network Web site may be used only by adults who have a credit card. In no event may our Web site be used by a child, including any child under the age of 13.
Our Privacy Office
Chief Legal Officer
Two North Riverside Plaza, Suite 200
Chicago, Illinois 60606
Phone: (312) 291-5878
Fax: (312) 521-6768
Notice of Changes
Rewards Network Establishment Services Inc.
Rewards Network Services LLC
Rewards Network International, Inc.
Rewards Network Canada GP Corp.
Rewards Network Canada LP
RTR Funding LLC